Celebrating the Season of Rest: Embracing the Wisdom of Fall and Winter

 In my present introspective state, I shared these musings with a confidant yesterday.


Until this recent time, I gazed upon the transition from autumn to winter as a season steeped in despondency.

The diminishing of the light held foreboding for me – I, who cherishes the sun's touch and the outdoor world, saw this time of year as a harbinger of the abyss.

Flowers wilt, leaves fall, and all things culminate in finality.

But, could this be entirely true?

As time's silent footsteps have passed, I regard this season as profoundly significant for the well-being of one's spirit and body. Given that my pursuits often intertwine with the world outdoors, the colder weather and the shortened daylight hours urge me to pause, rest, convalesce, and regain my strength.

It is a time for celebration, for reflecting upon the wisdom gleaned, and for expressing


gratitude for life's myriad blessings.

It is an occasion to honor the past, embrace the present, and await the future with open arms.

It is a season to nourish one's soul and body, recognizing all that has been accomplished, learned, and experienced.

It is also a time to lift the spirits of one's companions, dear friends. To visit with our spiritual guides, and to connect with the higher self. –

To convey heartfelt thanks, for one's journey is not a solitary endeavor.

As you embark on this season of repose, what shall you celebrate?

What seeds shall you sow, anticipating the return of spring?

What shall you bring into existence as the light rekindles its glorious presence?

No comments: