Celebrate the Season: Welcome Autumn

I could not have planned a more perfect morning if I had ordered it from God himself. I woke to a house to myself, serene. Except of course for Loki nudging me awake to feed him. 

Outside my bedroom window little finches flitted in and out, among the Black Eyed Susans. The shenanigans of a beautiful magpie caught my eye. Doing God knows what they are magpie's after all. Peeking around the corner of the house was a fawn. His mule like ears twitching side to side. His two siblings soon followed Mom. The older brother sporting his first year antlers in soft velvet brought up the rear.

The resident bunny living under our shed greeted the deer as they made their way down the alley. I live in a city of over 600,000 people. Having Snow White's cast of character in my backyard was like living in a fairy tale.

Most of my life I resented the approach of autumn. It signified the end of summer, opportunity to be outside, to get my hands dirty, to replenish my soul.




There is no question 2020 is a challenging year. We found ourselves in a "battle" against a disease we did not and still do not quite understand. We isolated to protect the vulnerable and ourselves.

We need to disconnect from the daily bombardment of negativity to allow our soul to rest. One way is to sit in the outdoors' quiet witnessing the change of seasons.

Our ancestors celebrated a year of fruitful harvest. We need to celebrate all we received, all we experienced. This year, we may need to look harder, but we all have something to celebrate.

After an amazing beginning of the year, my sales came to an abrupt end. I could have wallered in self pity, and I did for a short time. But what does that accomplish?

For years I wanted a wildflower garden, and now I had the time to dedicate to it. After months of working on my hands and knees, butterflies, bees and birds fill my yard. This I celebrate.




Trees burst forth in stunning oranges, fiery reds and golden yellows. Falling leaves are God's confetti, celebrating everything we accomplished this year. Have you noticed the sunlight is a different hue?

Instead of dreading the approaching winter, welcome the shorter days of winter. This is the season we go within to rest and replenish. To gather around the hearth with friends and family.




A few months ago I started scripting. Scripting, in a short definition, is writing from your future self. Each night I write how the next day was a success. How everything flowed perfectly. I am re-embracing the flow I experience in my writing. If writing isn't your soul language, consider art, poetry or music. Whatever it may be, take this time, in quite, to reflect on all you have to celebrate.

If you find it difficult to do so, remember, you are breathing; you can look up at the sky and be alive. We all have so much to be thankful for and once we begin a practice of gratitude, we will have more and more to be grateful for.

I will celebrate the change of the season by decorating with our fall decorations. Our tiny little rogue pumpkins are on our tv.

I created a simple journal for you to collect ideas and reflect on this year's plenty.



We are the manifesters of our lives. We must be mindful of what we expose ourselves to. We need to concentrate our energy on what brings us joy. If it's sitting outside and watching the birds or the sunrise or sunset, then make time to do it.

We are the caretakers of our homes and families, and we must protect our energy and the energy of our household. A home flowing with positive energy is vital not only for your family's health but yours as well. As the days become shorter and we are in dark sooner, what kind of light can you bring into your home?

What can we do together to bring a little light in the world? They say when women gather, magic happens. Lets create some magic, shall we?

Please share your thoughts and ideas in the comments. If you want to work together with an amazing group of people, then join our Facebook group.

*****PRINTING INSTRUCTIONS:
MAKE SURE YOUR PRINTER IS SET TO LANDSCAPE SO IT WILL PRINT CORRECTLY. YOU CAN PRINT IN BLACK AND WHITE AND ADD YOUR OWN COLORS TO SAVE INK.


No comments: