Great Victorian Home in Montana
Historically, this house is tied to two prominent Sparta families, the Moores and the Lewises. Captain J.W. Moore was brigade commissary of the 49th Georgia Regiment during the Civil War, sheriff of Sparta following the war, and later served three terms in the general assembly. His daughter, Amazon E. Moore married Robert H. Lewis, who served as mayor of Sparta, co-edited the Sparta Ishmaelite with his brother, and served two terms in the legislature. Their daughter, Mildred Lewis Brantley, lived in the house until the late 20th-century when the house was purchased and improved by Ms. G. B. Nash and Mr. J. E. Todd.
antebellum house located in downtown Sparta only $60,000!
“The Barracks is one of the most sumptuous and best preserved mansions of its date in North Carolina.” Local legend states that the name, “The Barracks”, comes from the use of the house during the Civil War to shelter soldiers and to serve as a Confederate hospital. This information has never been confirmed, however. The inherited Dancy land surrounding The Barracks was called “Glenburnie.”
Read More About This Home Here
Magnificent historical estate consisting of 5140 square foot main house, a carriage house, oversized 3-car garage with apartment and custom workshop. Home to one of the original 300 settlers that came to Texas with Stephen F. Austin. Home was finished in 1913, and has been 90% renovated to its original grandeur.
This 100-year-old house has neoclassical Greek architecture on the outside and Craftsman style finishing on the inside. The front and side entrances of the house are duplicated with grandeur and ornate large and small Corinthian columns and steps…like something out of Gone With the Wind! The columns are constructed of 3" thick cypress planks, and all of the exterior woodwork is cypress. The massive downstairs porch is reminiscent of a time when families gathered outside to escape the heat of the summer while drinking lemonade and fanning the breeze to their faces.http://www.historicproperties.com/feature.asp
Saving the Best For Last-Our oldest and most expensive home!
One of the oldest houses in the heart of Santa Fe, with parts dating to 1766 this unique hacienda-like house had rooms added on, which was the custom. The main house has 3,924 sq.ft. and 3-bedrooms, vigas and wood floors all lending to the historic quality of the property. Additionally, there is a 2-bedroom guest house and a 1-bedroom casita/studio. A delightful retreat with beautiful outdoor spaces and gardens, garage and 3 private on-street parking spaces.
Click Here To View This Beautiful Southwestern Property